Did you know myCalPERS has the tools and resources you need to help you manage your health benefits anytime, anywhere? You can view customized health information and health plan premiums, compare benefits, and make changes to your health enrollment with a qualifying life event or during Open Enrollment.
Whether you experience a qualifying life event such as an address change, or you’re preparing for Open Enrollment, use the Search Health Plans tool within myCalPERS to shop CalPERS health plans — you can:
- Find and compare health plans available in your area. We offer you a variety of health plans with quality health care provider networks.
- View monthly premiums and member satisfaction ratings.
- See side-by-side health plan, benefit, and copay comparisons.
- Include a doctor in your search to see which plans they’re available through. You may be able to switch to a lower cost plan and still keep your doctor.
New this year, members enrolled in Basic plans can include a medical group in their search, and Medicare members can search for their Medicare doctor.
For life events like marriage, birth, or adoption of a child, the Search Health Plans tool can help you confirm what your premium will be when adding family members to your plan and whether your dependent’s doctor is available through your current plan.
Through your myCalPERS account you can also:
- Add or remove dependents and change your health plan from the Health Summary page.
- View your Health Plan Statement, which is the annual record of your personalized health benefits information through the Statements tab.
- View health publications, schedule a one-on-one appointment to discuss your health benefits, and sign up for education events around the state through the Education tab.
- Update your email and contact information, set mailing preferences, and complete your health demographic profile through the My Account tab.
- Send us a secure message and find answers to frequently asked questions through the Messages tab.
Be sure to keep your myCalPERS account profile up to date. Your profile contains your customized information all in one place. It also allows you to support a green community by changing your mailing preferences to online for you to stay up to date with important health information throughout the year.
Update or create your myCalPERS account today and explore all it as to offer!