News & Events

Moving? Here’s What You Need to Do

If you’ve moved recently, or are planning a move, it’s important to give us your new mailing address so you receive timely information about your benefits.

Update Your Address

Active Members — If you’re still working, please notify your employer’s personnel office of your address change. They will update your information with CalPERS.

Retirees — If you’re retired, notify us of your new address as soon as possible, especially if your monthly benefit payment is mailed to your home. You can use any of the methods below:

  • Log in to myCalPERS to change your address online.
  • Call us at 888 CalPERS (or 888-225-7377) Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Time).
  • Download, complete, and return an Address Change Authorization (PDF) form by mailing or faxing it to the number shown on the form.
  • Send us your new address in writing: CalPERS, P.O. Box 942716, Sacramento, CA 94229-2716.

USPS Address Change

Don’t forget to file an official change of address with the U.S. Postal Service so your mail is forwarded to your new address.

Health Benefits Coverage May Change

If you receive health benefits through CalPERS, a change in address could mean a change in plans. See what plans are available in your new ZIP code using the Search Health Plans tool in your myCalPERS account. Learn more from our website’s Health Benefits section.

Long-Term Care Coverage

If you have long-term care coverage, you will need to contact illumifin Corporation, our third-party administrator for the CalPERS Long-Term Care Program, directly with your new address information, in addition to changing your address with CalPERS. You can log in to LTCPolicyHub to change your address online or call (800) 982-1775 Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (Pacific Time).

Deferred Compensation Plans

If you’re still working, contact your employer with your new address. They will update your information with CalPERS. If you’re retired, contact CalPERS directly to update your address for the following plans:

  • CalPERS 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
  • CalPERS Supplemental Contributions Plan

CalHR Savings Plus Plan

If you’re still working, contact your employer with your new address. They will update your information with CalHR. If you’re retired, contact Savings Plus Customer Service at (855) 616-4776 or log in to your Savings Plus online account and update your address.

State Taxes

If you receive a CalPERS benefit payment, have California state taxes withheld, and are moving out of state, you’ll need to submit a new signed Tax Withholding Election (PDF) form if you wish to stop California state taxes from being withheld. Consult a tax professional in your new state if you have questions about your tax withholding.

New Email or Phone Number?

Log in to your myCalPERS account, then select My Account and Contact Information to update your personal email address or phone numbers.