News & Events

Want to Advocate for Other Retirees? Join a Retiree Association.

Did you know there are organizations you can join in retirement dedicated to advocating for the needs of active and retired members? If you were a school employee, firefighter, peace officer, or other public employee, there’s a public employee group for you.

If you’re interested in joining one, you can find out more by contacting any of the following associations:

American Federation of State, County & Municipal Employees
(202) 429-1000

California Association of Highway Patrolmen
(916) 452-6751

California Professional Firefighters
(916) 921-9111

California School Employees Association – Retiree Unit
(800) 632-2128

California State University Emeritus & Retired Faculty & Staff Association
(818) 677-6522

California State Retirees
(888) 808-7197

CAL FIRE Local 2881 – Retirees
(916) 609-8700

Retired Peace Officers Association of California
(800) 743-7622

Retired Public Employees’ Association of California
(800) 443-7732