Eliminate the cost of stamps and envelopes. Stop making trips to the post office or writing checks. Make your CalPERS payments online.
Types of payments include:
- Retroactive health payments
- Complementary annuitant premiums
- Retirement overpayments
- Service credit purchase
- Medicare overpayments
Here are the two ways to make CalPERS payments online.
1. On the CalPERS Website
Pay online without logging in. Simply visit pay.calpers.ca.gov, enter your CalPERS identification number (CID), last name, and the amount you want to pay. It’s safe and secure, and ensures your payments are processed quickly.
You can pay for free by electronic funds transfer (EFT) or e-check by entering your bank routing and account numbers. Credit and debit cards can also be used for a small fee.
2. Through Your myCalPERS Account
CalPERS members can also log in to myCalPERS and make payments online. By logging in, you can:
- Get your statements.
- Set up or cancel recurring payments using your bank account.
- View your payment history and status.
How to Set Up Recurring Payments
- Log in to myCalPERS.
- Select My Account, then Make a Payment.
- Identify the relevant invoice and select Make a Payment.
- On the next screen, select Bank Account as your payment method and select Recurring.
- Finally, select the precalculated amount or choose “other amount” and continue to the following screen to submit your payment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Visit our Electronic Payment Gateway page for more instructions and to get answers to frequently asked questions about making online payments to CalPERS.