CalPERS is proud to promote National Cybersecurity Awareness Month and the importance of online safety.
As society becomes more connected, we must recognize our responsibility to look out for own security online. Whether we’re using our personal or work devices, being mindful of social engineering, phishing, and privacy settings for all our online accounts is the best step to take.
Follow These Important Tips
Take these simple actions at work and at home to help keep you, your identity, and your information safer online:
- Treat your personal information like money—be knowledgeable and cautious about how apps and websites collect your information.
- Regularly update the software on your internet-connected devices—including PCs, smartphones, and tablets—to reduce the risk of infection from malware.
- Talk with your family, friends, and community about the importance of internet safety.
- Control and limit who can see your information online by checking the privacy and security settings on your accounts and apps.
- Be cautious about what you receive or read online. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
More information on National Cybersecurity Awareness Month 2022 can be found on the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) website.