News & Events

Retirees: Your 2019 Tax Forms Are Now Available

Decorative image

This week marks the official start of the 2019 tax season. Here’s what you need to know as a retiree to complete your federal and state tax returns.

Access Your Statements Online

The 2019 W-2 and 1099-R tax forms are now available for retirees in myCalPERS. Use your W-2 and 1099-R forms for reporting your retirement income from the previous year.

For retirees who live outside the United States, the 1042-S forms are also available in myCalPERS.

From your myCalPERS account, you can also access and print your statements from the last five years, if available.

Prefer Paper?

Keep an eye out for hard copies of your W-2 and 1099-R forms, which have been mailed to the addresses we have on record. The 1042-S forms are also already mailed out.

For more information, check out our latest quick tip video on preparing for tax season. You can learn more about your 1099-R tax form and changing your tax withholding on our website.