The CalPERS Health Benefits Program Annual Report (PDF) is a comprehensive review of our Health Benefits Program for plan year 2017. The recently released report includes relevant data and health information, such as:
- Enrollment and expenditures for Medicare and Basic plans
- State and federal benefit requirements and health benefit designs we offer
- Member health characteristics
- Member health plan survey results related to satisfaction and quality
- Medical trends by service category
- Administrative expenses and funding sources
This report also looks ahead to CalPERS’ Health Program innovations, such as the new PERS Select Basic plan, which will offer a value-based insurance design beginning in 2019, and strategic policy actions including the adoption of CalPERS Health Beliefs in 2018.
You can find the report in our Forms & Publications.