To protect the health and safety of our members and employees, our Regional Offices remain closed for in-person classes and appointments. However, we’re still open for business — offering virtual, interactive, instructor-led classes and one-on-one appointments by phone.
Instructor-Led and Self-Paced Online Retirement Education Classes
The earlier you develop an understanding of your CalPERS benefits and other retirement income sources, the more prepared you’ll be to make informed career and life decisions.
We offer interactive, instructor-led, virtual classes to our members free of charge. Learn about your benefits and ask questions directly to a CalPERS specialist.
Classes are based on your career stages. Select the class that best suits your needs:
- Your CalPERS and You – If you are new or midway through your career, get a basic understanding of your CalPERS benefits.
- Planning Your Retirement – If you are within 10 years of retirement, get a deeper understanding of your benefits as you begin to prepare.
- Your Retirement Application and Beyond – If you are ready to apply for retirement, learn how to begin the process.
We also offer a variety of self-paced online classes, if you want to progress at your own speed. You can even pause the class and pick up where you left off later.
Visit our Member Education page to view a full listing of classes and descriptions.
How to Enroll
Log in to myCalPERS and select the Education tab to view course dates and register. Since classes are offered virtually, you can enroll in any one that’s offered by our eight Regional Offices, regardless of your location.
Still have questions after taking a class? Schedule a phone appointment with one of our specialists. Learn more below.
Schedule a Regional Office Phone Appointment
The days of driving to one of our Regional Offices and worrying about traffic are over. You can now schedule a phone appointment with us.
Before you schedule a phone appointment, we recommend you first attend a retirement education class. These classes contain valuable information about CalPERS benefits that may answer your questions.
There are five types of appointments:
- Account services
- Health benefits
- Service credit
- Service retirement
- Disability retirement
What We Can Do During Your Appointment
- Answer basic retirement-related questions.
- Guide you through the steps to complete your retirement application.
- Guide you through the steps to electronically submit your application, or how to download and mail forms and supporting documents directly to us.
- Initiate the resolution process for extremely complex cases.
- Receive requests for retirement estimates that we will mail to you.
Make Your Phone Appointment Today
Simply log in to myCalPERS and select the Appointment tab. Since appointments take place over the phone, you can select any of our Regional Offices, regardless of location. Appointments are available Monday through Friday during our business hours, between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. All CalPERS offices are closed on state holidays.
Need assistance enrolling in an event, class, or making an appointment? Contact us.