Whether you are new to the workforce, mid-career or nearing retirement, webinars can help you plan ahead by better understanding your CalPERS benefits.
The webinars are designed to help you make informed decisions as you progress through your career and offer answers to your retirement questions.
You can view the full slate of our upcoming webinars on our Calendar page. You can also register for the webinars on the page.Register Now
Beginning in mid-March, four webinars are on tap to assist you:
CalPERS Members – Early Career Basics
Wednesday, March 17, 2021, 11:00 a.m. (All times are Pacific time.)
The earlier you develop an understanding of your benefits, the more prepared you’ll be to make sound decisions. You’ll learn about your benefits, the different sources of retirement income, and the tools and resources available to you as you move through your career.
Your Retirement Calculation
Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 11:00 a.m.
Do you know what goes into your retirement calculation? You’ll learn about the three factors used to calculate your retirement and how an increase in one or more of these factors may maximize your retirement benefits.
Your Online Service Retirement Application
Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 11:00 a.m.
Do you know that you can complete and submit your retirement application online through your myCalPERS account? We’ll provide you a general overview of how to apply and submit your retirement application online.
Working After Retirement
Wednesday, June 16, 2021, 11:00 a.m.
Once you retire, you may decide to return to work for a CalPERS covered employer as a retired annuitant or reinstate from your retirement. We’ll discuss the limitations as a retired annuitant and the guidelines you must follow if you reinstate from retirement.
Additional Resources for You
- Our Member Education page has other events, classes, and presentations that may interest you. You can also subscribe to the Member Education Bulletin on the page to receive emails regarding educational opportunities.
- Visit our Using myCalPERS page to learn how to register, recover your username and password, and find your CalPERS ID.
- Visit our Service & Disability Retirement page on our website to get information on the retirement calculation formula, getting an estimate, and the steps to apply, to name a few.
- Not sure what steps or actions you should take as you embark on your career? Our New CalPERS Member page has you covered.
- Our Retirement Planning Checklist gives you a breakdown of what to consider as you near retirement.