If you’re still working, please notify your employer’s personnel office of your address change. They will update your information with CalPERS.
If you’re retired and you have your monthly benefit payment mailed to your home, it’s important that you notify us of your new address as soon as possible. You can use any of the notification choices below to let us know:
- Log in to my|CalPERS to change your address online
- Call us at 888 CalPERS (or 888-225-7377) Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Download, complete, and return an Address Change Authorization (PDF) form by mailing or faxing it to the number shown on the form
- Send us your new address in writing: Retirement Benefit Services Division, P.O Box 942716, Sacramento, CA 94229-2716
Health Benefits Coverage
Since you must choose a CalPERS health plan that provides coverage in your work or home ZIP code, a change in your address could mean you have to change plans. You can use our online Health Plan Search by ZIP Code to see what plans are available in your new ZIP code. Go to the Health Benefits section of our website to learn more.
Long-Term Care Coverage
If you have long-term care coverage through CalPERS, be sure to contact CalPERS Long-Term Care with your new address information. Call (800) 982-1775 to provide your new address.
Deferred Compensation Plans
Contact your employer or savings plan directly with your new address if you participate in the following plans:
- CalPERS 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- CalPERS Supplemental Contributions Plan
- Savings Plus
- State Peace Officers’ & Firefighters’ Supplemental Plans
If you receive a CalPERS benefit payment, have State of California taxes withheld, and are moving out of state, you’ll need to submit a new signed Tax Withholding Election (PDF) form if you wish to stop California state taxes from being withheld. Consult a tax professional in your new state if you have questions about your tax withholding.