Our system monitors attempts to gain access to our information assets and protects them through a defensive strategy that includes threat detection, blocking, and data encryption.
Our multi-layered system consists of three important components:
- People – We make sure that every member of the CalPERS team receives training on the latest cybersecurity measures.
- Process – We ensure that our system of detection, identification, and response is the most up to date.
- Technology – We use the latest technology to ensure the quickest and most accurate detection and response.
There are some things you can do to help us keep your member information safe:
- Never respond to emails that appear to be from CalPERS asking you for password or PIN information. We will never ask you for your password or PIN information, and the emails are likely an attempt to get your personal information.
- Never provide any information to someone who comes to your home identifying themselves as being from CalPERS. We will never send someone to your home or place of business without making a prior appointment that relates to your member account.
- Never provide any personal information over the phone to a phone number that is not the same as our Customer Contact Center number. We will never call you from any number other than 888 CalPERS (or 888-225-7377).
If we have a need to reach out to you, we will call you from 888-225-7377 and identify ourselves properly. If you have any concerns about the call, end the call, and contact us to verify.