We’ve got you covered with our New CalPERS Member webpage. We’ve put together the first steps you should consider as a new member and provide resources as you embark on your career.
From myCalPERS — your gateway to conducting business with us — to different types of retirement and health benefits, we’ve put the need-to-know information on one convenient webpage.
Read on to explore other resources for new CalPERS members.
Becoming a new CalPERS member is one of several milestones we include on our Life Events webpage.
Learn how these events can impact your coverage or benefits in CalPERS programs:
- Family Changes – Birth or Adoption, Domestic Partnership, and Marriage or Divorce
- Personal Information Changes – Name or Address Change
- Employment Changes – New CalPERS Member, Leave of Absence, Leaving CalPERS-Covered Employment, Retirement, and Returning to Work
- Death/Illness/Injury – Death or Terminal Illness and Injury/Disability
New Member Publications
Our “Welcome to CalPERS” publications for state, school, and public agency members give a concise overview of benefits to help you plan for retirement, while answering common questions asked by new members:
- Welcome to CalPERS: A Benefits Guide for School Members (PUB 3) (PDF)
- Welcome to CalPERS: A Benefits Guide for State Members (PUB 4) (PDF)
- Welcome to CalPERS: A Benefits Guide for Public Agency Members (PUB 5) (PDF)
Even if you’re at the beginning of your career, it’s never too early to learn about your CalPERS benefits or plan for retirement. Take advantage of our educational resources, including videos, forms and publications, and online and instructor-led classes on our Member Education page.