Applying for retirement has never been easier. Did you know that about 40 percent of members applied for retirement online using my|CalPERS last year? The 10-step retirement application is secure, streamlined, and user-friendly. And we can assure that our members will always receive the same outstanding service online as they would when submitting a paper application.
Don’t just take it from us. Here is what our members are saying.
One satisfied member shared their experience, stating, “This was a very scary idea for me to do this online, but CalPERS made everything easy to understand, and when I had questions, your links took me to the information I needed to take the next step. Thanks for taking such good care of me.”
Another member who loved the ease of using their my|CalPERS account shared the following: “I had heard that the retirement process was very confusing and a long process. However, I found that it was one of the easiest and quickest processes during my 32 years of service.”
And one member stated, “The CalPERS system was very easy and convenient,” with another member echoing the same sentiment, saying, “The retirement process is quick and easy.”
So, when you find yourself ready, experience the benefits of retiring online and join the thousands of members who have already taken advantage of this convenient process.
How to Apply for Retirement Online:
- Log in to your my|CalPERS account.
- Don’t have a my|CalPERS account? Set one up.
- Under the Retirement tab, select the Apply for Retirement link.
- Follow the online instructions. You can save and return to your application later, or select Submit. Submit any additional documents as noted to complete your online application.
- We will send an acknowledgement letter to you to let you know we received your application.
Explore Your Benefits
Use my|CalPERS to access health information, plan for retirement, conduct business with CalPERS online, and effortlessly enroll in educational offerings or schedule appointments.
Recover Your Username or Password
Already have an account and can’t remember your log in? Now you don’t need to call CalPERS. Visit my|CalPERS, select Participant and Continue, and follow the steps to recover your account using your email address or mobile number.
If you exceed the allowed number of attempts to validate your identity, your account will be locked to protect your security. To unlock your account, call us at 888 CalPERS (or 888-225-7377).
Don’t Have a my|CalPERS Account?
Registration is easy! Visit my|CalPERS and follow the steps below to complete your registration.
- On the Pre-Log In page, select Participant and Continue.
- Select Register now.
- Accept the terms and conditions under the security agreement.
- Identify yourself by providing your name, date of birth, last four digits of your Social Security number, or your CalPERS ID number.
- Answer a set of questions about your CalPERS account to verify your identity.
- Create a username and password and enter your email address.
- Choose a personal security image and message.
- Choose your security questions and answers. It’s important to choose questions and answers you will remember.
- Log in to my|CalPERS.
If you have additional questions, call us at 888 CalPERS (or 888-225-7377) or schedule an appointment with your local CalPERS Regional Office.