Since the option to retire online using myCalPERS was added in 2013, thousands of CalPERS members have applied for service retirement using the online application. Why? Because it’s secure, simple, and convenient, and our members still receive the same outstanding service they would when submitting a paper application.
There are a number of benefits to applying for retirement online, including:
- Easily and securely submit your application at your convenience, 24 hours a day.
- Leave the online application and return at any point to complete it.
- Receive confirmation that your application has been successfully submitted.
- Use the Electronic Signature to eliminate the notary requirement for member signature.
How to Apply for Retirement Online
If you already have a myCalPERS account, follow these steps:
- Log in to your myCalPERS account.
- Under the Retirement tab, select the Apply for Retirement link.
- Follow the online instructions, which will lead you step-by-step through the application. You can save and return to your application later, or select Submit.
- Provide any additional documents as noted to complete your online application.
Recover Your Username or Password
Already have an account and can’t remember your login? Now you don’t need to call us.
- To recover your username, visit myCalPERS, select Forgot your username, and follow the steps to recover your account using your email address, mobile number, or security questions.
- To reset your password, visit myCalPERS and enter your username, select Continue, then select Forgot your password. Follow the steps to reset your password using your email address, mobile number, or security questions.
If you exceed the allowed number of attempts to validate your identity, your account will be locked to protect your security. To unlock your account, call us at 888 CalPERS (or 888-225-7377).
Don’t Have a myCalPERS Account?
Registration is easy. Visit myCalPERS and follow the steps below to complete your registration.
- On the Pre-Log In page, select Active Members & Retirees.
- Select Register now.
- Accept the terms and conditions under the Security Agreement.
- Identify yourself, then select Continue.
- Verify your identity by answering a set of questions.
- Create a username and password and enter your email address, then select Continue.
- Choose a security image and enter a security message then select Continue.
- Choose your security questions and answers, then select Continue.
- When your registration is complete, select Return to Log In.
To learn more about myCalPERS and explore the features, visit Using myCalPERS.
Help Is Always Available
No matter how you choose to submit your retirement application, you can always call us with questions, send us a secure message through myCalPERS, or make a video, phone, or in-person appointment with one of our Regional Offices.
Whether you need a little help, a lot of help, or you’re a do-it-yourselfer, we have the resources to help you through the entire retirement process.