The CalPERS Board of Administration identified potential improvements during an evaluation of its work last year. Following a presentation in August, the board approved a series of measures to improve the effectiveness of its meetings:
- Reduce the number of board meetings from 11 to six meetings per year.
- Reduce the number of offsite meetings from two to one.
- Institute an annual stakeholder forum.
- Reduce the size of the Investment Committee.
- Enrich and expand onboarding programs for board members.
- Replace Robert’s Rules of Order with Rosenberg’s Rules of Order.
These changes are intended to make the meetings more efficient, saving time, resources, and money. Visit our Board Meetings Calendar to view the schedule of the meetings to take place this year.
The board meets the third week of the month at CalPERS Headquarters in Sacramento, unless otherwise indicated. Meeting notices are available 10 days in advance on our website, where you can also find agendas, and agenda items for past meetings.
The meetings are open to the public. You can also view the live webcast of the meetings on our website and view videos of past meetings on our YouTube channel. Closed sessions, which are not open to the public, are indicated on the agendas.